How to Request a Loan
All loan requests must be submitted in writing to the Royal Armouries Registrar.
- Requests should be made at least six months before the objects are required. Requests made less than six months before dispatch will only be granted in exceptional circumstances.
- A request acknowledgement will be sent to you within three weeks of us receiving the request and a decision in principle should be made within six weeks.
- The Board of Trustees of the Royal Armouries have the final decision and have the right to turn down any loan request.
- Loans will only be made to venues that have suitable environmental and security conditions.
- To determine this, a UK Registrar’s Group (UKRG) Facilities Report must be completed and the loan venue security must be approved by the Museums Libraries and Archives Council (MLA) Security Advisor, both arranged by the Royal Armouries.
Send written requests directly to
Tel: +44 (0)113 220 1833
Fax: +44 (0)113 220 1831
On agreement in principle, the borrower will be sent the following documents:
- Draft loan conditions (available upon request)
- UKRG facilities report
- UKRG security supplement
- UKRG display case supplement
- Borrower’s questionnaire
- Loan charges Booklet
If photographic images are required for whatever purpose please contact the Royal Armouries Library who can advise whether new photography is required.
The Library will also be able to assist with enquiries concerning copyright issues.