Visitors with disabilities
The Royal Armouries welcomes visitors with disabilities and hopes that you find your day with us an enjoyable and memorable occasion. We value your visit and your viewpoints on the services that we provide.
At the Door
The main entrance to the Museum has two sets of automatic doors. Immediately inside the Museum to the right is an adapted toilet, and on the left is the bistro, which also has adapted toilet facilities. The Information Desk is at the end of the entrance hall next to the lifts, where you will be greeted by a member of staff ready to help with any requests.
There are four manual wheelchairs available to borrow for the duration of your visit. These are allocated on a first come, first served basis. Please ask at the Information Desk upon your arrival.
Visitors are welcome to use their mobility scooters within the Museum and all galleries are accessible via the lifts.
Assistance dogs are welcome in the Museum.
Visitors who find standing difficult can use the portable folding seats found in every gallery. There are also window seats in the gallery areas.
Toilets and Changing
Adapted toilets can be found throughout the Museum at the following locations:
- Main entrance to the Museum opposite the Nelson Bistro
- Nelson Bistro
- Floors 1 and 4 close to the lifts
- Nelson Bistro which is located on the ground floor to the left of the entrance
Baby-changing facilities are also available
In the event of an evacuation of the building, a Museum Assistant will explain the quickest and safest way to exit the Museum. Please follow the directions given. Assistance will be provided if required.
Parking for visitors with disabilities
There are five parking spaces provided for visitors with disabilities in the coach park area, next to the Holiday Inn just 100 metres from the Museum entrance.
To access these parking spaces:
- Continue straight on past the entrance of the multi-story car park into the “Service” road.
- Ignore the No Entry signs labelled “except for loading and coaches”.
- Proceed along the road with the Holiday Inn hotel on your left. This road has speed bumps.
- Follow the road around the roundabout with a cannon in the centre.
- Three spaces are immediately on the right.
- Two more spaces are on the left beyond the “Drop-off point” area.
Further parking spaces for visitors with disabilities are available on the ground floor of the nearby multi-storey car park. These are chargeable.
Free parking for minibuses is available.
There is a drop-off point near to the Museum entrance, which is located 100 metres away, across an open level paved area.
We hope that you enjoy your day at the Royal Armouries.