SEMINAR - PIRACY AND CONFLICT
- Starts at: 10:30am Saturday 29 June 2013
- Finishes at: 4:30pm Saturday 29 June 2013
- Location: Leeds
- Suitable for: Adults 18+
- Event type: Seminar
Saturday 29 June 2013
10.30 – 4.30
Jonathan Ferguson – Curator of Firearms
When you think of pirates, do you imagine Blackbeard and his motley crew stealing ships in the Caribbean? Think again.
Today’s pirates are more likely to be armed with automatic weapons and grenades, demanding millions of pounds in ransoms off the coast of Somalia.
Examine the weapons used by pirates through history, from cutlasses to Kalashnikovs.
- All of the seminars run from 10:30 to 4:30 and take place at the Royal Armouries Museum, Leeds.
- Lunch is not provided, but there is a bistro and a café plus a picnic area in the Museum.
- Booking is essential as the seminars tend to sell out quickly and places are limited to 20 delegates per seminar.
Proof of photographic ID such as passport or driving license is needed for all seminars. Entrance may be denied without suitable identification.
The location address, map and a guide to getting here can be found on the Visitor Information page