THE ARMOUR OF FEUDAL JAPAN
- Starts at: 10:30am Saturday 13 October 2012
- Finishes at: 4:30pm Saturday 13 October 2012
- Location: Leeds
- Suitable for: Adults 18+
- Event type: Seminar
Saturday 13 October 2012
10.30am – 4.30pm
Ian Bottomley, Royal Armouries Curator Emeritus
Join us to investigate a special selection of objects chosen for an exclusive session on Japanese armour. You will learn about the development of Japanese armour and handle original samples.
This is an opportunity to find out more about the diplomatic armours sent to Europe from the East during the 16th and 17th centuries. This seminar provides a fascinating insight into the history, materials and cultural value of armour in Japan.
- All of the seminars run from 10:30 to 4:30 and take place at the Royal Armouries Museum, Leeds.
- Lunch is not provided, but there is a bistro and a café plus a picnic area in the Museum.
- Booking is essential as the seminars tend to sell out quickly and places are limited to 20 delegates per seminar.
The location address, map and a guide to getting here can be found on the Visitor Information page