OUT OF NOWHERE
- Starts at: 10:30am Saturday 17 November 2012
- Finishes at: 4:30pm Saturday 17 November 2012
- Location: Leeds
- Suitable for: Adults 18+
- Event type: Seminar
Saturday 17 November 2012
10.30am – 4.30pm
Martin Pegler – Researcher and former Royal Armouries Curator of Firearms
An introduction to the silent art and skills of the military sniper, from the trenches of France and Flanders, through to the end of the Second World War. You will get a unique opportunity to handle sniping rifles with our expert guide. You will also discover a brief history of sniping from the sharpshooters of the Napoleonic Wars through to the specialist snipers currently employed today in Afghanistan.
- All of the seminars run from 10:30 to 4:30 and take place at the Royal Armouries Museum, Leeds.
- Lunch is not provided, but there is a bistro and a café plus a picnic area in the Museum.
- Booking is essential as the seminars tend to sell out quickly and places are limited to 20 delegates per seminar.
The location address, map and a guide to getting here can be found on the Visitor Information page