SEMINAR - European Edged Weapons
- Starts at: 10:30am Saturday 7 June 2014
- Finishes at: 4:30pm Saturday 7 June 2014
- Location: Leeds
- Suitable for: Adults 18+
- Event type: Seminar
THE FLASHING BLADE
Saturday 7 June
10.30 – 4.30
Robert Woosnam-Savage – Curator of European Edged Weapons, Royal Armouries & Henry Yallop – Assistant Curator of European Edged Weapons, Royal Armouries
Handle a variety of European swords and daggers specially chosen from the Royal Armouries collection, including a number of recent acquisitions, illustrating the development of the sword and dagger over 3000 years.
See how sword smiths resolved the dilemma between weapons designed to cut or to thrust, or both.
Get to grips with important and unique weapons from the Bronze Age and the Middle Ages, basket-hilts, small-swords and even swords from the movies.
- All of the seminars run from 10:30 to 4:30 and take place at the Royal Armouries Museum, Leeds.
- Lunch is not provided, but there is a bistro and a café plus a picnic area in the Museum.
- Booking is essential as the seminars tend to sell out quickly and places are limited to 20 delegates per seminar.
Proof of photographic ID such as passport or driving license is needed for all seminars. Entrance may be denied without suitable identification.
Book online below or tickets can also be booked by phone or email.
Tel: 0113 220 1888
The location address, map and a guide to getting here can be found on the Visitor Information page