KINGS OF CLOTH OF GOLD
- Starts at: 7:00pm Tuesday 30 April 2013
- Finishes at: 9:15pm Tuesday 30 April 2013
- Location: Leeds
- Venue: Bury Theatre
- Suitable for: Everyone
- Event type: Play
Kings of Cloth of Gold
By Tony Lidington
Directed by Em Whitfield Brooks
Designed by Ruth Paton
With Emanuel Brierley as King Francis I and Dominic Goodwin as King Henry VIII
The year is 1520. In this brand new family comedy, Henry VIII of England meets Francis I of France at the most magnificent tournament ever held: the ‘Field of Cloth of Gold’. (So many pavilions were made of costly gold cloth that it became the byword for extravagance).
The two kings compete to outdo each other in displays of wealth, wit, feasting and sporting prowess. Each king is proud, intelligent, and the epitome of chivalry. But who will eventually win this battle of vanity?
This sparkling new physical comedy by Tony Lidington (Joey – King of Clowns, Dan Leno – The King’s Jester) reunites two actors whose dexterity and onstage chemistry have gained standing ovations across the national touring circuit.
Costumes, props and set design will be Inspired by… the Royal Armouries’ collection.
The Bury Theatre
Royal Armouries Museum
Date and time
- Tuesday 30 April
Approximately 2 hours with a 15 minute interval
Getting your tickets
- Collect on the day of the show from the museum reception desk.
- Bring your receipt with you as proof of payment.
- Bring some form of identification (drivers licence etc).
- Please collect 15 minutes before the show time at the latest.