Task 2: Inside Littlecote House
- Students could share their thoughts about the Strengths and weaknesses of photographs and landscape paintings
Using the Littlecote Hall photograph students could be encouraged to examine the hall and the links and pop ups.
Students could be asked to hypothesise about the story/ies behind the hall objects, e.g.:
- What is the key event that the hall tells us about?
- What do the antlers tell us about the purpose of the displays in this room?
- Which side do you think the family that owned this hall fought on?
- Who lived in the house?
- Why do you think the photograph was taken?
- What can you find out about the objects in the hall?
Students could be asked to investigate the Popham Portrait on-line and apply their knowledge of evidence to the portrait.
To read PDF documents you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader.
If you do not currently have it installed you can download Adobe Acrobat Reader here.