Remember Reflect React
Monday 1 November 2010 at Leeds
- Starts at: 12:00am Monday 1 November 2010
- Finishes at: 12:00am Tuesday 30 November 2010
- Suitable for: Everyone
1 – 30 November 2010
As conflicts continue to rage around the globe we take the opportunity to remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice in defence of our freedom.
The Armed Man: A Mass for Peace – Sunday 7 November, 3pm.
Armistice Day Service – Thursday 11 November 10.15am
Service conducted by Reverend Gordon Warren, Chaplain of the Royal Navy.
- Yorkshire Regiment Brass Band
- Choir from Sing Live UK
- Roll Call of the recently fallen
- Poppy drop
World War I & II Carved Panels – 11 – 28 November
Display of carved panels depicting scenes from World Wars I & II, crafted by the West Riding Woodcarvers Association.
Surviving the Peace – 15 – 29 November
New photographic exhibition by the Mines Advisory Group.
Only Water Between
A true story of love, life and loss about the fatally linked stories of Great War soldier Jack Adam, his wife Gert, and Hiram Maxim, inventor of the machine gun. Performances at 1pm on 23, 24, and 25 November.
General Museum events will also run as usual:
- Daily interpretations and live combat displays
- Weekend activities for families – Jester’s Yard play area (11am-4pm), History in Action show (2:30pm) and Have-a-go Sword sessions (3.15pm)